Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sabbath Afternoons

Luke and Tristan.

Me and Luke.

Erika, Nathan, and I

Hiroko and LaVonne









Kevin and John



Iris and LaVonne
On Sabbath afternoons we like to go to singing band. Iris organizes it. We do it every third Sabbath @ the convalescent home in town. At first I was excited. Once I started going I got sad. Then sometimes I got weirded out. Now. I love going. Despite the unfamiliar or sometimes unpleasant smells and sights. I know sometimes we are the only visitors some of these poor people get.
Sometimes we have a few groupies. lol I decided not to post them. Wasn't sure I was allowed. We all have a humbling experience when we go. My children don't always enjoy it. I know they like to see the smiles on some of these faces though when we show up. Have you ever gone?







3 comments:

CATHY said...

I think that you guys are a real blessing to these people. I am sure you will receive a few more stars on your crown for doing this.
Keep it up!

Dore' said...

Some of them really do appreciate it and that's what makes it all worthwhile. :)

It won't be long said...

Yeah, I remember doing this when I lived in Galt. I can remember this little old lady in a wheelchair asking us to sing "Carry Me Back To West Virginny". No joke!!!
Teena, how do I make you one of my blogger friends?
Helen Ida

What ya feel like hearing today: Christian Country Classical?


Blog Archive

My sweet munchkin.

My sweet munchkin.
Like his long hair? My sister, niece, Michael, and I gave our hair to Locks of Love.

My sweet (not so little) chickadees.

My sweet (not so little) chickadees.
Erika, Tris, Nate, and Lukey